spoon

Friends

Category: , , , , ,

When we think of friends, and call their faces out of the shadows, and their voices out of the echoes that faint along the corridors of memory, and do it without knowing why save that we love to do it, we content ourselves that that friendship is a Reality, and not a Fancy--that it is built upon a rock, and not upon the sands that dissolve away with the ebbing tides and carry their monuments with them.
~ Mark Twain, Letter to Mary Mason Fairbanks

‘Friend’ – One of the most beautiful words I’ve ever heard!

‘Friend’ – A person with whom we can just be ourselves! We need not wear any masks to hide our weaknesses or insecurities. A person who always makes us feel comfortable in whichever situation we are.

Friends come in different sizes, shapes, colours and ages. But one thing that is common between them is love. Love for each other.

Ever since I got sense in my head and ever since I started making friends, I’ve tried to define the true meaning of ‘Friendship’, but to no avail. I never could able to do it. On the contrary, when I am with my friends or remember them, I just know it. I just know it for sure. But then again I don’t know how to express its meaning in words. It’s like a splendid poetry without words. It’s like the wind; you can’t see it, you can’t touch it, but you can always feel it.

Helen Keller was perfectly right when she said, “The best and the most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, or even touched. They must be felt with the heart!” And I feel it every time I am with my friends or remember them.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away!

In retrospect, friends are the ones who’ve given me such moments. And I am certain that it’s true in most people’s lives.

There is still a lot of unfinished business, and a lot of unfinished talks; there are still so many things to share, and so many things to explore – together with our friends! Come, let’s do it! Let’s keep in touch with our friends! Let's swim in the bliss of friendship!

There are no strangers in this world; only friends who haven’t met!

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY!


Copyright © Karthik 2009


Comments (4)

hmm...guess its pointless commenting on this one...i know what u meant when u wrote this and u know wht i felt whn i read this :)

Rightly said! :)

"There are no strangers in this world; only friends who haven’t met!!"kool!!

Each word of this post is as true n meaningful as nything..I wonder wat this world would have been without friends...may be like a guitar without rhythm...damn..tat was lame...was a wonderful post nway,...:)

Thank you so much, anima. And that wasn't lame. World without friends is like a guitar without rhythm (or perhaps guitar without strings.. lol..) :-)

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Library

Karthik's Book Montage

The Negotiator
Malgudi Days
As The Crow Flies
Swami and Friends
The Devil's Alternative
The Picture of Dorian Gray
The Godfather
The Seven Minutes
The Prize
Atlas Shrugged
The Fountainhead
If Tomorrow Comes
Digital Fortress
The Chancellor Manuscript
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Identity
The Fist of God
The Fourth Protocol
The Odessa File
The Day of the Jackal


Karthik's favorite books »